Tell us your idea!

Make any Xbox Video rentals/purchases available on mobile devices.

If you buy/rent videos from the Xbox Video service, you can watch them on your Windows, Android or iOS devices.

537 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KyleKyle shared a merged idea: Release Xbox Video on iOS and Android  ·   · 
    under review  ·  CameronCameron responded  · 

Great suggestion! Thanks for sharing! I am passing this on to our team for review.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it takes longer to release Microsoft video to play on Android devices I find it easier to just purchase them from Amazon since I can watch movies I purchase on both.

Xbox Video and Music is a Great Service. In addition, can they both offer Onedrive support like windowsphones, Giving us better control over what we buy and where we Choose to store Them.

• bit3m3azclownbit3m3azclown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for android release been with xbox for ever. I should be able to watch my movies on my tablet

• Ryan RobinsonRyan Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes on Android, please. We use BlackBerry phones which run almost all Android apps, so I don't care if we get native to BlackBerry but this would give us a way to access it.

• AnonAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this Xbox Team, I have been a long time Xbox Video user and this would be amazing.

• Jon AsherJon Asher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i love buying movies on xbox videofor how it interfaces with my computer and the xbox, but as of right now i prefer android for my phone and it would be nice to have the availability to watch them on my phone during work lunch breaks and such since in those situations i cant be at home

• RiekopoRiekopo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android has 84.7% of the market share as of the second quarter of this year.

Thank you Cameron ! :)

@Pete : If they validate the idea, I hope our videos will be available via Xbox Smartglass, or they could make a dedicated Xbox Video app.

• petepete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

was just about to suggest this . as my xbox movie collection grows I'm finding it increasingly frustrating not being able to download my early release movie onto my phone (android) and watch it at work (boring job). surely this was conceived a long time ago but not put into practice??

Feedback and Knowledge Base